Born in Ferrara on 14 September 1947, he graduated in Engineering from the University of Bologna.
He taught Mechanics in Technical High Schools from 1975 to 1980 before becoming a director of business and small and medium enterprise organisations in the provinces of Ferrara and Reggio Emilia, a position which he still holds today.
A member of the Board of Directors of Cassa di Risparmio di Ferrara since 1982 and a member of the bank’s Management Committee since 1987.
Vice-Chairman of Cassa di Risparmio di Ferrara from 1992 to 2000, in 1992 he was appointed Chairman of Banca di Credito Agrario di Ferrara, and in this capacity he oversaw the merger of the latter with Cassa di Risparmio di Ferrara.
Member of the Board of Directors of Ge.Po. S.p.A. since April 1994.
Statutory Auditor for FRAER Leasing (Società Generale Group) since 1995 and Chairman of RIBES since 1997.
Chairman of Cedacrinord since May 2000.
In 2003, following the merger of Cedacrinord and Cedacri Ovest, he was appointed Chairman of Cedacri.
For many years, he has been a member of the National Council of ABI and the Executive Committee of the Emilia-Romagna federation of savings banks.